Dean Veverka is the Chief Technology Officer (CTO) of the 45,000km Southern Cross Cable Network (SX1,
SX2 and NEXT) and is responsible for all Regulatory, Engineering and Operational aspects of the network.
An Electrical Engineer and Business Management Graduate, he has over 42 years’ experience in the
Telecommunications industry covering numerous technical/management roles at the Overseas
Telecommunications Corporation (OTC Australia), Telstra and Optus in Australia.
Dean’s contribution to the industry include;
• ICPC Executive Committee for 18 years, Chairman (3 years) and Vice Chairman (3 years).
• Director/Treasurer of NASCA
• Past Executive Committee member of Sub-Optic
• Member of Australian Government’s Communications Sector Group taskforce.
• Speaker and presenter at submarine cable conferences and summits.